Thomson THG 541 UGS dynamic qos | docsis.org

You are here

Thomson THG 541 UGS dynamic qos

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
hhammerl
Thomson THG 541 UGS dynamic qos

I have to integrate the Thomson THG541 in our network. For the voice i need to use ugs with qpsk. I do not know how to enable dynamic qos in the private MIB of the modem. Where can i get an example of the docsis config file for the modem?

Any help is appreciated

Harald

wittmann
Hi,

Hi,

For the UGS with QPSK there are two for developing: A Modulation-Profile without settings for IUC 11 (UGS) and the modulation QPSK for the Data-Grants (IUC 5 and 9) or a Mixed-Mode/Full ATDMA Modulation-Profile with configured IUC 11 with QPSK modulation. In all this cases the configuration is based on the CMTS-Side.

If you use Full-dQoS-Environment with COPS-Authentification all should work without any configuration on the cable modem.

In a dQoS-Lite-Environment, without COPS-Authentification the same settings as from the older THG540 should work. These are the settings in the MTA-Configfile which should be needed:

tmmMtaDevRequireGateId OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.78.3.1.6.0 integer 2

2: Don't care the gate-id to create the DQoS. Will use gate-id if it is present , else create the DQoS without the gate-id

and maybe also the BE-Fallback if UGS-ServiceFlow Creation will fail, also in the MTA config file:

tmmMtaDevAllowBe OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.78.3.1.2.0 integer 1

1: allow to switch to primary SF if UGS fails.

But be aware that a dQoS-Lite-Environement without COPS-Authentification is a security nightmare! In this mode it is possible to manipulate the existing ServiceFlows and/or add other ServiceFlows/Classifier with hacked cable modems and get some resources. In the most cases you have to make sure that the CMTS allows dQoS without COPS-Auth:
at Casa-CMTS in config mode: "no cable dsx authorization" <- default, not showing by show run | include dsx