Testing Combo Modem/Router with Cisco uBR7246VXR | docsis.org

You are here

Testing Combo Modem/Router with Cisco uBR7246VXR

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
batman2200
Testing Combo Modem/Router with Cisco uBR7246VXR

We have a small test setup using a Cisco uBR7246VXR running in all-in-one configuration mode, and am trying to check the Cisco combo modem/router model DPC2325. Testing them works fine if they are set as bridges, but not as routers. Everything works OK up to coming online, but the modems always get stuck on init(i). Anyone know of a simple change to our simple internal config file that will enable testing these units as routers? We are trying to keep using the config file function that this CMTS can provide, but can use an external file if necessary. Thanks in advance.

sonny
init(i) The cable modem has

init(i) The cable modem has received the DHCPOFFER reply from the DHCP server that has assigned an IP address to the modem, but the modem has not yet replied with a DHCPREQUEST message to request that particular IP address, nor has it sent an IP packet with that IP address.
Note: If a CM appears to be stuck in this state, the CM has likely received the DHCPOFFER reply from the DHCP server, but this reply might have contained one or more invalid options for that particular CM.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/broadband-cable/data-over-cabl...

batman2200
Thanks for the help. I haven

Thanks for the help. I haven't got it to work yet, but I will look into DHCPOFFER details. I thought it may have been a config file problem, but it may be DHCP instead.