Service Flow Accounting via CLI - Cisco uBR 7246/10k CMTSes | docsis.org

You are here

Service Flow Accounting via CLI - Cisco uBR 7246/10k CMTSes

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
william73
Service Flow Accounting via CLI - Cisco uBR 7246/10k CMTSes

Hi guys,

At the moment we are using SAMIS for usage accounting data/IPTV/VoIP etc. However the 15minute minute delay between samples is unacceptable. A lot can happen in 15minutes.

I have written a simple script to telnet to a CMTS and execute commands to grab subscriber details etc. Which is a hell of alot more efficient and faster than SAMIS. It takes about 5 seconds to telnet to a cmts, and fetch the counters and service flow details for every mac on a heavily loaded uBR10K cmts (close to 30K subscribers).

So far the commands that I am using and have discovered.
'show interfaces description | include Cable modem interface' - this gives me a list of all the cable interfaces (relevant for below commands)
'show interfaces cable 6/0 modem' - this gives me their current state (but not very important)
'show interfaces cable 6/0 qos paramset' - this gives me qos index values which are relevant in the next command
'show interfaces cable 6/0 service-flow' - this gives me the service flow IDs and what qos index they are using for each mac

All i need know is something like 'show interfaces cable 6/0 service-flow counters' style command that lists all the counters for each service flow in batch mode.
At the moment i found 'show interfaces cable 6/0 service-flow 15 counters' where 15 is the service flow ID, however having to execute the command for every service flow is not efficient (imagine, every mac has about 6 service flows, multiplied by about 30k macs, 180k! )

Also i know there is a command:
'show cable modem counters' however this shows an aggregate of all usage, i need to be able to break ths usage down based on their service flows.

Cheers,
William.

cmcaldas
IPDR

Have you tried to get the data you need using ipdr? I know the Motorola BSR64k and Cisco 10k support it

~Carl

william73
Samis data is ipdr records

Samis data is ipdr records in XML however the lowest frequency between samples can only be set to 15minutes :(