Problems with the BPI + Modem SB5100 | docsis.org

You are here

Problems with the BPI + Modem SB5100

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
cairogomide
Problems with the BPI + Modem SB5100

I'm trying to enable BPI + with a SB5100 modem and am having a problem ... He is on the status of online (pt). Theoretically everything is ok, but do not get IP and CPE modem is not stable (reboot after some time synchronized).

He is with the firmware-ga-2_3_9_0 00_sb5100_nosh and provisioned with DOCSIS 1.1 and BPI +
I do not know exactly what might be missing ...

Does anyone have any tips about the problem?
Thanks !

kwesibrunee
Couple of things to look for

Couple of things to look for ....

1. BPI+ requires your time server and your cmts clocks to be close <5 mins I believe, this is because the modem and CMTS compare the certificate expiration date when they come online.

2. Noise in the system, quite likely your culprit, bpi+ requires the connection to be stable to communicate excessive packet loss will prevent the modem from coming online properly usually noticable by the modem being in just the online status or due to packet loss the modem will be unable to properly decode the BPI+ messages which will cause problems on the CPE. Run the command ping docsis [modem ip] 100 and ping [modem ip] repeat 100 to determine packet loss there should be none from the CMTS to the modem in a low noise system anything above 3-5% will cause issues.