Modem files and TLV 43.11(Service Type Identifier) | docsis.org

You are here

Modem files and TLV 43.11(Service Type Identifier)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JCH
Modem files and TLV 43.11(Service Type Identifier)

Hello,
I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I am trying to add the service type identifier (TLV 43.11) to a docsis file (using excentis), matching for example "STB". I do know how to create basic docsis provisioning files and I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure this one out but unfortunately unsuccessfully. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards
Jan

Sarcarean
Hi Jan, I can help you out

Hi Jan, I can help you out with that.

It should look like this: http://postimg.org/image/rrshdxhsl/

Contact me via email at: contact@embeddedcomputers.net

JCH
Thanks

Hi Sarcarean,
What I really needed was the syntax for the Excentis editor but thanks for your tip. May I ask what editor you are using?

I finally figured out the syntax for the exentis editor by writing the file by hand, converting it using the linux docsis command and importing it into excentis. Unfortunately I did not realise that once one adds the "Docsis Extension Field" there are actually new parameters one can choose from, like the Service Identifier or Attribute masks and so on. DOH ... ;)

Euro-DOCSIS Extension Field
Service Type Identifier:AAA

Network Access Control:on
Upstream Service Flow Encodings
Service Flow Reference:1
Quality of Service Parameter Set:provisioned admitted active
Downstream Service Flow Encodings
Service Flow Reference:2

Anyhow thanks for the tip.
Jan

JCH
Thanks

Hi Sarcarean,
What I really needed was the syntax for the Excentis editor but thanks for your tip. May I ask what editor you are using?

I finally figured out the syntax for the exentis editor by writing the file by hand, converting it using the linux docsis command and importing it into excentis. Unfortunately I did not realise that once one adds the "Docsis Extension Field" there are actually new parameters one can choose from, like the Service Identifier or Attribute masks and so on. DOH ... ;)

Euro-DOCSIS Extension Field
Service Type Identifier:AAA

Network Access Control:on
Upstream Service Flow Encodings
Service Flow Reference:1
Downstream Service Flow Encodings
Service Flow Reference:2

Anyhow thanks for the tip.
Jan