How to configure uBR7225VXR to bond 16 downstreams | docsis.org

You are here

How to configure uBR7225VXR to bond 16 downstreams

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
liulei
How to configure uBR7225VXR to bond 16 downstreams

I have a uBR7225VXR with 2 uBR-MC88V line card, and i want to configure it 16 downstreams bonding. anybody can help me?

wittmann
it's easy...

...it's impossible. you cannot bonding downstreams between two linecard on the uBR.

startx
Hi ,

Hi ,

But it is possible between two line cards with MC20x20 on ubr10k ?

cdq74cn
Startx, are you asking or

Startx, are you asking or affirming ? Can we bond over two line 20x20 card ? See my post on http://www.docsis.org/node/1893

wittmann
For All:

At Cisco CMTS it isn't possible to bond downstream channels located on the linecards across linecards. It doesn't matter if it is die 7k uBR (MC88) nether the 10k uBR (MC20x20). On the 10k uBR can't even bond Downstream between Integrated-Controller (MC20x20) and Modulated-Controller (e.g. RF-GW1) downstream.

You can work with strange tricks to configure RCC-Templates that downstream channels from different linecards and/or RF-GW are "registered" at the cable modem *BUT* never have a Bonding-Group/Resequencing of packets across line cards for single sessions. E.g. you can have two bonding-groups with each 4DS on each line cards, in summary 8DS registered on the cable modem. But for one download session you are limited by 4DS. If you want to use the other 4DS at the Cisco CMTS you have to define e.g. a packet-classifier and some attribute stuff in the configuration file of the cable modem. So you can steer some special traffic like Multicast to the other 4DS located on the other linecard or EdgeQAM. You can't really offer 8DS-Channel tariff to you customer in my eyes.