Docsis-Server-3.5 on Debian(ubuntu8.04) | docsis.org

You are here

Docsis-Server-3.5 on Debian(ubuntu8.04)

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
perse0
Docsis-Server-3.5 on Debian(ubuntu8.04)

hi,

Im new in this!!!, somebody can tell me the real procedure to install the server on Debian(ubuntu)..../?????

thanks in advance!!

Maki
This docsis-server 3.5 where

This docsis-server 3.5 where can I get it, is this new version of docsis_server home project and what are the changes thx .

perse0
there it is!

here is:

http://users.accesscomm.ca/docsis_server/docsis-server-current.tar.bz2

if u have info about setting up in debian or ubuntu, please show me the path!!

thanks in advance!!

vittoriob
One more step...

Hello,

I have the same problem. First I had the problem, not to be able to compile the package.
I started with
./configure

After this, you can see in the config.log, what was failed.
I had not gawk, gcclib6 etc. You can get them easily. I had after it the problem with the not installed MySQL 4 server. I got that from here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql4.1-and-php4-on-debian-etch

After this, in the docsis_server-3.5 folder you can find the scripts_and_docs folder. There are some scripts, that you can run easily, and configure the MySQL database and tables. There is one error in the INSTALL....2_dhcp_tables. From the GRANT line remove the TABLE keyword. It does not need for this. Run this script first!!
Unfortunatelly, after this I have stucked. I can not step forward. I tried to start the /usr/local/sbin/docsis_server, but did not start. I also started as a daemon: start-stop-daemon --start --user docsis --exec /usr/local/sbin/docsis_server --make-pidfile --pid /var/run/docsis_server.pid

This is so far. If you could step forward, you may share it with me.

Thanks for your other hints!

BR,
Vittorio

dpecile
You already configured the

You already configured the docsis_server.conf ?
in the tmp directory you can see the error log of every process.

If you send me more information may be I could help.

Demian

vittoriob
Wrong path

Hello,

Thanks for your tip. It helped me to solve the problem. It was that, the docsis-server.conf file path is not in the /etc, but in the /usr/local/etc folder.
However, the Doc wrote to put it to the /etc.

So, for now it works.

BR,
Vittorio

maryleen
In Ubuntu 9.04, how do I

In Ubuntu 9.04, how do I mount different folders of the same partitions to different folders? I have a shared NTFS partition ("shared") that I use for data for both Windows and Ubuntu. How can I mount the music folder on shared to $Home/Music, and the Videos folder on shared to $Home/Videos? I want to mount the different folders on the partition to different folders in home. Any help here? Thanks in advance!

luciano
mounting partitions

hey...as far as I understand, you want to use NTFS folders mounted to different places in ubuntu.
you can always boot individual folders, if you can find them through browsing your drive it is enough to do mount --bind olddir newdir, and you will have it accessible. but, to automate it for the future, here is 4 steps process:

1. create new folder (as yourself) where you will mount things, eg.
user@host:~$ mkdir /home/your_username/music

2. edit /etc/fstab, and add to the bottom of the file lines that define following (edit for your own settings and repeat as necessary)
//share_name/folder_music_in_share /home/whatever-user/music cifs exec,credentials /etc/cifspw 0 0

3. create file /etc/cifspw that contains your username and pwd for windows, of course, that windoz user will need to have permissions over original folder...
username=windoz_username
password=windoz_password

4. go "mount -a" and you're good. your new folders will mount where you wanted them, as well as next time when you boot up, and if they don't it is enough to do "sudo mount -a" and whatever you set before in fstab will be booted.

If you need more information or this does not work well for you, there is always "man mount", "man mount.cifs", and "mount -h" for quick help and explanation.

DanInter
Docsis_server in Ubuntu

Hello,

I'm also interested in installing the docsis_server in ubuntu 8.04 server edition. If anyone has experience with this i'd really appreciate it.

Regards.

adamgilly
If I recall correctly,

If I recall correctly, powerboost only applied to the download. That may have changed at this point, but the rated up load of that tier is 5Mbits. When the premiere first came out in cissp training Arizona, I helped test it and had similar results with speed. When it opened up for all customers the speed went right to the advertised levels.