dch3416 cable box | docsis.org

You are here

dch3416 cable box

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
emkowale
dch3416 cable box

Hello all,

The Motorola dch3416 is a dual tuner DVR, digital set-top box and a DOCSIS cable modem. I am a SMATV operator. Does anybody have any idea where I would start to look for a way to program/provision this device? It's time the little guys used the big boys toys. This stuff can't be rocket science. Also, there is a cable card slot in the back for provisioning. I'm thinking of going all digital and this device can get me there. Any ideas and/or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

cmcaldas
Docsis cable modem?

I haven't work with those units, but did a search to double check. there's no mention of a cable modem and no ethernet port in the rear.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Business/Products/TV%20Video%20
Distribution/Set-tops/QAM%20Set-tops/All%20Digital%20QAM%20
Set-tops/DCH3416/_Documents/Static%20Files/DCH3416_
User_Guide_537529-001-c.pdf

(I had to break down the link because it cut off. copy/paste for whole link)

Can you confirm?

~Carl

emkowale
MAC

Carl,

There is a mac address on it. Also, see this fourm: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19615140-DCH-3416-network-connector

I'm more interested in getting DVR and digital programming to my analog subscribers.

Thanks,
Eric

kwesibrunee
You should look at using

You should look at using HITS Quicktake+ link here

They do all of the "talking to the digital boxes" to allow Digital services to work. The services we use with them require a motorola OM1000/OM2000 on our network and a VPN to them. they also integrate with our billing system too. (GLDS wincable).

Otherwise you would need a DAC which is rather expensive. Software licensing alone is upwards of 30K a year.

As far as the Cable modem inside goes, if the models you are using have one, they would be enabled with Motorola's conditional access (the service HITS Quicktake+ provides or via a DAC).

cmcaldas
Mac Add

Hi Eric
The Motorola DCT6412 does have an ethernet and usb port, can be connected to a cmts, think I can get my hands on one if you need to confirm that it can be used for internet service. like the forum you pointed to, most mso's don't use it. thinking the time and cost spent to get ethernet to a the room where the computer would be is almost never where the tv in the living room is.
Let me know

Carl