Choosing a DOCSIS 2.0 CMTS : BSR2000 or Cadant C3 (or sth else?) | docsis.org

You are here

Choosing a DOCSIS 2.0 CMTS : BSR2000 or Cadant C3 (or sth else?)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
lancey
Choosing a DOCSIS 2.0 CMTS : BSR2000 or Cadant C3 (or sth else?)

We're searching for a cost-effective way to deploy EuroDOCSIS 2.0 over HFC plant. One downstream / 4 upstreams should be fine.

Can anyone recommend over/against Motorola BSR2000 and Arris Cadant C3? Pros/Cons? Feature support? Stability? Software upgrades availability?

Any other comment (e.g. about the CASA CMTS), also highly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has such a unit for sell (pref. refurbished), please contact me.

cmcaldas
Motorola

I would lean toward the BSR2k... it's been around and works very well. do search for posts and only Arris I can think of are the 1000 or 1500 Bridge cmts. haven't seen anything on the C3. but that's my 2 cent's worth.
it's stable and software goes out every quarter with minor fixes or enhancements

emkowale
Arris

I'm more partial toward the Arris C3, 1000 and 1500. Those are some rock solid pizza boxes! Plus myself and many other people will be supporting both the hardware and the software end for years to come.

emkowale

husamaga
i dont see a point of using

i dont see a point of using docsis 2.0! you have a faster upload, but think you dont need that upload speed, coz you'll never use it.
so find a used bsr1000 or you may find a used C3 with docsis 2.0 it dont cost much.

lancey
I'm also thinking about the

I'm also thinking about the Motorola, as for now. It seems more advanced, has more ethernet ports, and has a dedicated advanced spectrum analyzer port. But, anyways, I'm willing to hear an opinion of both CMTSs from people who actually use or have used them.

-----------------------------------
http://www.net1.cc

jscoccola
We Can Sell Units

We can help in providing these units. How can we contact you.

cmtsguru989
CMTS 2.0 or 3.0

We sell both DOCSIS 2.0s and 3.0s

Please call me when you can so we can tell you difference and cost effectiveness.

sebp@bellsouth.net or 305 861 1753 or 781 929 2112 Sebastian

lancey
Buying Motorola BSR2000

My mail is root!net1,cc (replace ! with @ and , with .) for anyone who can help with supplying a BSR2000.

cmcaldas
What's the question?

I can help with questions you have, you've got my email. just let me know.

~C arl

lancey
What about a UBR?

It's virtually impossible to find a refurbished BSR2000, and the new one costs pretty as much as a uBR7246VXR chassis with NPE-400 and an MC-16U card. The Arris Cadant C3 could be found for 30% less, though, so I think I'll have to choose between the two - both used - Cadant C3 or UBR7246VXR / NPE-400 / MC-16U. What's your opinion?

cmtsguru989
uBR 7246 VxRs on sale

We have 5 uBR 7246 VxRs with NPE 1G, Single AC power for only $ 6,900
please email me at sebp@bellsouth net - this may be your answer