BASIC support on SBV4200 | docsis.org

You are here

BASIC support on SBV4200

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

Can anyone confirm/refute that the SBV4200 supports BASIC provisioning? From the problems I'm having, it looks like it may not.

Frank

frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

Tech support confirms that there is support for BASIC provisioning in the later firmware releases, but they have still not identified the reason why it doesn't work.

Frank

frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

Motorola came back to me and told me that even though later release notes indicate that his functionality exists, they will not provide support for BASIC configuration. In other words, if it works, it works, but there's not going to be any further development along that line. :cry:

Frank

Anonymous (not verified)
BASIC support on SBV4200

i used to use the 4200s all the time, but i'm confused.. define BASIC support?

-greg

frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

CableLabs documents it here:
http://www.packetcable.com/downloads/specs/PKT-SP-PROV-I11-050812.pdf (search for BASIC)

A more hands-on configuration description is here:
http://www.incognito.com/support/WebHelp/index.html?basic_packetcable_provisioning.html

We're using it because we don't have a formal provisioning system in place.

Frank

Anonymous (not verified)
BASIC support on SBV4200

nm i never used the sbV4200... and i'm assuming by basic u mean packetcable w/o the full kerberos based ticketing system?

-greg

frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

Exactly....

Anonymous (not verified)
BASIC support on SBV4200

yeah sorry i'm not sure what it would take to get those working.. although if you'd like the config & bin for my terayon eMTAs.. i realize its not the same.. but it might help a bit?

frnkblk
BASIC support on SBV4200

Thanks for the offer, but I only needed to get the SBV4200 working in BASIC mode to help with a fingerpointing problem.

Frank

Anonymous (not verified)
BASIC support on SBV4200

understandable.. sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

-greg