Ambit (now ubee) U10C019 Wireless DOCSIS 2.0 Four port NAT/Firewalls? | docsis.org

You are here

Ambit (now ubee) U10C019 Wireless DOCSIS 2.0 Four port NAT/Firewalls?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
psmit
Ambit (now ubee) U10C019 Wireless DOCSIS 2.0 Four port NAT/Firewalls?

Anyone have any experience with these? Ran across a few and am intrigued by the remote management/access capabilities such as SSH, Telnet, and the SNMP features. All comments welcome, but if your experience is less than positive and/or you would prefer not to publicly critique the product, please email me directly -- poge at oberlin dot net.

Thanks for any info as always.

Poge

psmit
Bump...

We recently deployed around 60 of these in what is currently still a D1.0 environment and are having a very high rate of failure due to excessive CPU utilization according to the warnings and log file errors in the devices. They're also complaining about not having a "valid CVC" in the config file, though I didn't realize one was actually necessary. The hardware ver. is 4.10 and the software ver. is 5.66.1026 fwiw. A hard re-boot/power cycle will restore functionality on the modem/CPE side. They are still being seen as registered and online in the CMTS when they're in the frozen state, but don't show a CPE, nor are they ping-able.

Is this a known issue? Is there later firmware available? How about the CVC? Their website is hardly a roadmap for this type of support, but I'm trying to obtain credentials for what appears to be additional login privileges as a "service provider", whatever that means...

Any/all comments and suggestions welcomed.

TIA

Poge