Linksys WCG200 boot status : Forwarding denied | docsis.org

You are here

Linksys WCG200 boot status : Forwarding denied

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
stephend2
Linksys WCG200 boot status : Forwarding denied

I have a small network at an apartment complex, very basic config files, rate limits set to 0, maxCPE set to 1 just a 1.0 config. I have a simple server set up with DHCPd to give the modems what they need to boot. I handle actual user authentication by MAC and rate limiting on my core router. I chose to do it this way as this is how the rest of the network functions. The rest of the network is either wired ethernet or ptmp wireless which we cover a large part of the city with. We started as a wireless ISP, DOCSIS was an afterthought when we had to use existing coax at a 60 unit property.

I have been using exclusively Motorola SB5101n modems until now. I was given a linksys WCG200 modem/wireless router. I am trying to get it to function on this system, it will come up, get a management ip from the dhcpd box, which I can ping. I cannot log into the device with this ip like I can with the motorola modems, which isn't the end of the world.

Under connection status on the linksys, on connection status, I'm seeing the downstream channel, connectivity state OK, boot state in progress, forwarding denied, security disabled.

DS signal is -5.4, SNR is 37.8, US power is 43.8.

In the log, I see ToD request sent - no response received.

DHCP warning - Non critical field invalid in response

Improper config file CVC format

I'm not seeing this on the motorola modems, I have about 20 of them working great.

stephend2
fixed it.

Linksys modem does not like no up and down limit defined.

I threw out a config for it with a rate limit, it comes online and runs fine now.