eMTA Arris TM822S - No calls | docsis.org

You are here

eMTA Arris TM822S - No calls

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
eFerreras
eMTA Arris TM822S - No calls

Hello there,

I am having some troubles with this eMTA model - Arris TM822S Firmware 7.5.110A.EURO.SIP. Regarding CM part, everything is ok but MTA doesn't work. The thing is that the MTA is registered into the CMTS - CASA system brand - and the SIP server but it's not possible neither making a call nor receiving it. The MTA config file may be wrong but if I connect this eMTA into another CMTS - Arris brand - and by using the same config file then everything is working fine so I would say that the config file is ok. Besides, as it's registered into SIP server, there is no a routing problem. Does anyone know about this issue? Any compatibility problem between Arris eMTA and CMTS which is different from Arris brand?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards,

hinzoo
I'd like to point that Your..

..firmware is a little obsolete version by the way. It's smth like 9.1.6 now.

eFerreras
Hi hinzoo,

Hi hinzoo,

Thanks for your comment. Taking into account the software version, do you think it could be a problem on the eMTA? I mean, a bug in this version.

Besides, if you are acquainted with DOCSIS networks, have you ever seen a similar problem? I thought DOCSIS technology was well deployed from the interoperability point of view as the same eMTA is working fine with Arris CMTS.

Finally, just in case, how can I get the latest firmware version?

Regards,
Elias

hinzoo
Firmware?

Hmm, would You send an email address? Or ask Arris reseller? Or try on Arris website if You have an account? Probably 1-st option is the best :)

Regarding version/bug - I've seen lotsa things in docsis already... Don't think it's simply it but first things first.

mbowe
1. What does the modem web

Provisioning tips (may not be relevant since you said the registration is successful ) :
1. What does the modem web page say about the event log?
2. What does the modem web page say about the mta provisioning status?
3. If you go to the modem advanced web pages, what does the mta dhcp page say?
4. Are you using all the same dhcp options (eg 122.x) for the mta in both cases?
5. If you enable telnet to the modem, you can watch the provisioning status in real time. Usually pretty obvious what is going wrong when looking at the telnet CLI.

If you reckon all above is fine, could it be something with the arris config file option mibs eg enabling DSX/DQOS-lite when perhaps the cmts does not support it. Or some sort of admission control problem on the casa.