Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're seeking engineer opportunities at the second largest MSO provider in the Denver Tech Center!
• Principal Engineer II ( DOCSIS) (1083639)
• Principal Engineer
• Network Engineer III ( DOCSIS) (1083641)
Location: Englewood, CO 80112
Duration: 6-12 month Contract-to-Hire (will go perm for qualified applicants)
Salary: Negotiable based on expereince
• A position as a member of a team of engineers responsible for Company's Access products, services and technology in proof of concept, development and QA lab environments. The individual will be a key contributor to the development and deployment of DOCSIS platforms that include CCAP CMTS from several vendors along with: ARRIS E6000, Cisco 10K I-CMTS, Cisco 10K M-CMTS, Cisco RFGW-10, Cisco cBR8, CASA C100G, Gainspeed Ethernode, Harmonic CableOS, Harmonic NSG Pro, Adtran C9516, Nokia 7360 FX-4, Sumitomo FSU7100. This position will be responsible for testing and integration of multiple vendor products into Company´s networks. Hands on work in a lab or cable system environment are required to validate test plans and configurations before service deployment. Participation in industry working groups and technical forums related to technology development and standards may be required.
• The individual will also support vendors with product and service requirements based on Company’s business needs and internal customer requests.
• The position requires strong technical skills working knowledge of the Access (not just limited to DOCSIS) Specifications including the following technologies:
o DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1
o CCAP, DAA (Remote Phy, Remote MAC/Phy)
o DSG, BSoD, Packet Cable
o IPv4, IPv6
o FTTx, EPON
o Other emerging technologies
o SDN/NFV, NETConf, YANG
o Openstack, VMWare on UCS
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Contribute to the Company’s vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
• Responsible for testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of Company’s DOCSIS platforms.
• Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to commercial deployment.
• Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
• Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
• Has ability to transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
• Represent Company’s business interests in a wide variety of settings and relationships including company management, business partners, and equipment vendors.
• Be a contributor for Company Business offerings such as RIP, MIR, BSOD and static IP services.
• In addition contribute to SW development and TR-069 technologies including defining Company specifications for CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP).
• Define Company’s custom models between customer-premises equipment (CPE) and Auto Configuration Servers (ACS).
• Position includes standardizing Company’s auto configuration and the control of other CPE management functions within an integrated framework.
• This includes design and testing of the growing number of different Internet access devices such as modems, OLT’s, eMTA’s, routers, gateways, set-top boxes, and VoIP-phones for the end-users.
• Contribute to the growth of SDN/NFV in the Access device categories, utilizing NETConf and YANG models.
• Act as highest-level escalation point for customer issues in the enterprise.
REQUIREMENTS: ACCESS Technology Knowledge: DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, DAA, Remote MAC/MAC-Phy, HFC/RF/Optical, i-CMTS, M-CMTS, (E6000, 10K, cBR8, C100G, C40G) CCAP, eCM’s, eMTA’s, Business Services (RIP, Static, MIR, BsOD), PON/FTTx, ePON, OLT’s, (C9516, 7360 FX-4, FSU7100) MAP-T, NAT444, IPv6, NETConf, YANG, Openstack, VMware, VSphere, UCS, TR-069, ACS, CWMP experience